Thursday, June 9, 2016

Beware of the YETI!

I've never been one to spend money on things that are pricey, mainly because that's never been my mindset, and over the years the money was spent raising two boys.

When it comes to a "want list", mine has never been long, since it's my tendency to just buy it when I want it.

When the YETI coolers came out, the curiosity got the best of me, but the pricing made me chuckle with the mindset of "ha!  Not in my lifetime!"

To my surprise, and delight, the spousal unit and the boys gave me the small YETI Roady as a gift.  This cooler has been impressive!  One beach run, I filled it up with our "Ziparitas" (frozen margaritas in a ziploc bag) and they were still frozen six hours later when we reached our destination!

Last summer we were at Point Clear, Alabama for a spousal unit retreat.  While she was in meetings I went shopping. I returned with a set of YETI 30 oz ramblers as wedding anniversary gifts to ourselves.  The first day I became a believer!  It didn't take long for this to become our favorite roadie cup on trips but they also became our favorite beach cup.  Turns out they are the perfect container for our Ziparitas!   Once you have sucked out all the liquid, you have Hawaiian ice to enjoy the rest of the day!

Yesterday I stopped by Sonic and got a route 44 frozen lemonade.   I eventually transferred it to my rambler and there is still frozen lemonade in the cup this morning!

It's now a year later and we are again in Point Clear, and it's time for another anniversary gift.  As I'm looking around, it hits me, why not another YETI?

I like a cold beer, and the spousal unit likes her DDP's.  Hummm.  Looks like the YETI  Colster is what the DDP ordered!  I couldn't wait to take them on a test run!  On the way back to the Grand, I loaded up on beer and ice.  The DDP could wait!

Back at the hotel, I waited for the beer to get good and cold.  Finally, I had ice cold beer!  Test time!  I inserted the can into the Colster and pop went the top!  First sip, ice cold!  Second, third and fourth sips, ice cold!  I purposely took an hour to drink the first beer, and like the Colster wrapper said, it was cold to the last sip!

Granted, your average beer drinker isn't going to take an hour to finish a can!  But, I can just see the spousal unit at the beach, sipping her DDP and it not getting warm.  And I'll be under the umbrella updating FB and not have to worry about my beer warming up!  We have always brought plastic bottles to the beach, but now, hey!  Cans are us!

I can already see it. Next year it will be the YETI Hopper bag!  But small, medium or large???

Yep!  I have a new addiction!  Just glad YETI didn't come along before kids and their college educations.

Beware of the YETI!
 

No comments: