Monday, June 18, 2012

Well.  I was told that I needed to start a blog, so here goes! 

I got retired on February 17, 2012.  As I was leaving my employment for the last time, my disappointment and sadness suddenly turned into JOY!.  I had been unhappy in my job for over 5 years.  My employer had just handed me papers that would allow me to escape the daily hell of having to force myself to get up and go to work every day.  I suddenly realized that my employer had done me this huge favor, by funding my early retirement.  It has not been almost four full months, and I have not once used an alarm clock, and every day I wake up with a smile on my face.

To keep busy, I an volunteering my time with several organizations through my church.  I am also trying gardening, and also trying my hand at metal craft, using aluminum flashings, screws, bolts & nuts, and a coat hanger or two.

On occasion, I chauffeur LaNelle on her appointed rounds.  This allows her to get some work done in transit from one appointment to another.

We have been traveling quite a bit.  We took a business trip to Portland Oregon, then down to Gulf Shores, with a stop in Natchez.  Day trips include a return to Natchez, and a trip to Amory.  We took Morgan on a vacation to Orlando for a week.  Matthew cancelled out at the last minute.

A neighbor's son is getting married this upcoming weekend.  LaNelle had a conference in Point Clear, AL, so we attended that and then we cut over to NOLA for one night before heading to Thibideaux for the engagement party.

No comments: