Friday, June 29, 2012

Why, why not

I just finish reading a blog by Rod Walker about the passing of the former head football coach of Northwest Rankin High School, David Coates.  Coates died of a massive heart attack.  He was awaiting trial related to drug charges.  This was an avarage guy that brought a lot of good to the kids that came in contact with him.  None of my friends that "knew" him have an unkind word to say about him.  He and God will be having a conversation soon.  All I could think of was a scripture verse "Judge Not Lest Yes Be Judged! and Let Him Who is Without Sin Cast the First Stone."

I became tearful as I posted my comment.  On February 17th, my life, as I knew it changed.  I did nothing wrong.  I worked hard at a job for 18 years.  Life revolved around the job.  Job first, kids second, wife third, then the dogs, with little time left for me.  I now find myself in a struggle to kick start the next chapter.  Gardening helps. Charity work is satisfying.  Cooking for others brings joy. Travel is fun, but eventually there is the urge to return home. But something is missing.  Hope to find it soon.

No comments: