Thursday, July 11, 2013

Turtle Time

LaNelle came in from her walk and showed me  this picture of a turtle in our front yard.  Quick chat with the neighbor and we figure its a she laying her eggs.  Figured it was time to take the trash to the can, and I could get a look at Mrs. Turtle.
 
 
 
!
 
I went out back to fetch some trash, and haste, I left the gate open. Quick as a flash, ole Oscar took off. He had picked up a scent. On the hunt he went. I figured it was the cat I had just spotted. Oscar gives it a chase, all the way to the end of the street. He is working his way back, then he begins his fun run home. He is running so fast he went right past Mrs. Turtle. His screeching halt was something out of a Saturday cartoon! He stops, stares a bit, then starts sniffing. Mrs. Turtle has been watching him the whole time. Turtle suddenly retracts her head into the shell, And Ole Oscar jumps back, and the barking begins! I've never laughed so hard! Life is good

No comments: