Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Vaca Destin 2013 Day 4

Off to the beach, and oh, what a day it was. Late start, since the spousal unit does not like to be "awakened".  She must be "stirring around before re-entering the room.  Loaded up in the car and drove over to the beach parking lot.  Had my handy dandy beach cart loaded with the umbrellas, chairs, anchors and drink holders (gotta be prepared!) and off we go.  Up and over the ramp we go, and holy Moses!  Umbrellas and bodies everywhere.  Had to zig zag to and fro to finally find a spot to call our own.

I begin setting up camp with the anchors and umbrellas, then asked my neighbors if they would like to share the shade.  Wouldn't you know it, Grandmaw don't speak no English!  fortunately the other families did.  People just love my beach toys, "Oh, where did you get that" is a common inquiry.  I am a dedicated clearance shopper!

Didn't take the spousal unit long to spot the first photo opportunity.  The first time she ever saw a thong on a guy was at Daytona Beach over 20 years ago.  Today we had Mr. Winger Dinger in his slow motion "speedo"!
Of course there was Captain America with a skunk dye mark down the middle of his hair, and the barb wire tattoo on his arm.  With him, his partner Wonder woman who can conquer any rip tide with all that silicone in her body.

Then we get the sight that would make a blind man stay blind:


Oh Lord, words cannot describe .......  Definitely pregnant, and probably due any day now, especially after she had that thang over exposed to sunshine.  Some kinda sunburn.  The rest of the family clan showed, grandmaw, grandpaw, sisters, aunts, etc.  You would think somebody would have told this gal to "cover it up"!  Of course no "baby daddy" in sight.  Old grandpaw reminded me of my grandfather, rather stern with the "chillen" and barking orders to everybody!

I looked up to see this little family playing in the sand.  Reminded me of my boys when they were this size.  Several of my Facebook buddies have reminded me that they couldn't see any children in this photo, just the momma.  Honestly, I just pointed my Droid and pushed the button.


 
For a minute, I thought we were in the presence of royalty in their box at the parade grounds, watching the procession go by:
 
That, or they were the designated life guards of some kids playing in the surf.  Speaking of the surf, kids and adults were all over it.  One "Mr. Cool"  ran into the surf and made a diving move to slice through the surf, guess what, there was about a foot of water in front of him before he landed "splat"!  Oh, did I ever  hurt my side from the laughter!

This guy had me cracking up.  He used to own aq very expensive pair of designer sunglasses.  He was busy explaining this to a friend how it was no big deal, that "well, I wear contacts, and there was no way I was gonna look for them underwater"!
And yes, the woman did manage to distract me a time or two from my tasks at hand.  A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

I could not believe that my cell phone battery actually lasted the entire stay at the beach.  We were eventually run off by a bolt of lightening.  That my friends changes everything! Fireworks later this evening at the wharf, but we are in for the night.   Life is good!

No comments: