Friday, July 12, 2013

A mother-in-law's love

The things a mother-in-law will do for a son-in-law.    A die hard Ole Miss fan friend of mine commented one day that her son-in-law would love a taste of some homemade plum jelly that we made.  He is a MSU grad living in an Ole Miss kinda world.  Something was mentioned about a  swap of a MSU t-shirt for a jar of this sweetness.   I got to thinking, I swap could be a fun thing, but I didn't want just a t-shirt.  I wanted something special.  The Mother-in-law was presented two jars of jelly, one for her son-in-law and one for her, both sitting inside a MSU baseball cap.  Momma-in-law thought long and hard, then called her son-in-law.  He said, "you know, we all have to make sacrifices", and that jelly would sure taste good.  Well, lookie, lookie, as a bonus, I got a smile to boot!

No comments: