Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Vaca Destin 2013 Day 3

Morning duties:
Most of the morning spent doing a little tour of a big ole timeshare complex.  We ended up getting a week stay that will be used in the mountains with the boys this fall.  Made me a new friend, Rob, in the process:
Hugging is one thang, but for a minute there I thought this guy was going to kiss me!  I just love telling my stories and making new friends.  I guess the bigger the story, the bigger the friend.

Beach Time:

Got there late afternoon, found a spot, and set up camp.  Had to take the traditional feet/sand/water picture for all the buddies stuck back home:
  Wasn't long before thangs began to happen.  Couldn't get the smartass phone out quick enough though.  Some ole heifer in a flag bikini that was a wee bit too small come staggering up to the folks next door, bragging about all the beer she had consumed over the last several hours.  I almost saluted her outta respect for the flag.

On the otherside, we had a collection of beauties that all answered to the name of "Butch".  Not kidding:
 
I am all about bird watching at the beach, but these old crows confirmed that I need a darker pair of sunglasses if I'm gonna be here any length of time.

Then there was the cutiepie all dressed up in LSU tiger looking around with no place to go
She was smoking like a freight train, and cuddling that beer can for the longest.  Not sure if she was looking for her people, stuck in the sand or what.  Eventually a wave splashed up and freed up her feet and she moved on.

By now, I have posted so much chatter on Facebook, that the battery meter on my smartass phone was beginning to peter out.  I have concluded that on the next trip down here I am gonna bring my car battery booster box so I can "Facebook" all day without losing a "Kodak moment" due to battery failure.

Wasn't long, it was time to pack up, go get cleaned up, and go feed that thing inside of me that was beginning to growl.

Rollercoaster ride:
At the Condo that we are staying at this week, we are located on the back bay, away from everything,over by the convention center.  That's no biggie, because they have a courtesy shuttle service that keeps the wait time down to about 15 minutes. 

We ended up in an open air motorless golf cart looking tram that was being pulled by a Jeep Wrangler.  The driver must have learned to drive at Talladega, because he had the wind blowing, hit every bump, and even pulled out in from of a big ole Chevy Silverado pickup that came real close to T-boning yours truly!  Here is a picture of me and the spousal unit on the tram.  My hair does not lie:

I got so many comments on Facebook about my hair that I my haveta start wearing my hat 24/7 or go Kojak!  And to top it off, the bottom fell out of the sky as we were approaching out destination on foot!

Acme:
If you have never been to Acme Oyster House, you must give it a try.  I'm not a big fan of letting them slide, but the chargilled are to die for.
 
We were sitting at the bar, and that is where the action is.
The Oyster Shucker guy has been working there for over 10 years, and it didn't take me long to figure out why his tip jar was so full.  He is so interactive with the customers that he had stuck himself with the shucking knife twice on this night and had the bandages to show for it.  It had to have hurt, because those knives ain't got no edge on them at all. (and yes, he had on latex gloves!

Lots of customers came and went during our stay.  Three guys came in with their little boys, who all grabbed a seat at the bar.  One Dad placed an order for drinks, and another ordered a dozen sliders.  These oysters weren't for the men, they were for the kids!
These little boys were slamming them down like it was no tomorrow.  One Dad that they have come in here every night for their boys to slam down a few.  We were just cracking up, sitting back and enjoying watching the fun!
 
I can't wait for what tomorrow brings.  Life is good!

No comments: