Saturday, August 22, 2015

What's Next?

Everybody has one of those neighbors, you know, the most unfriendliest individual that God could find to put next door.  I've  been in my house for 20 years, and mine has been there right with me for 19!

I've never actually had a confrontation with him because everytime I see him outside, he runs back inside.  He has had no problem coming over and raising hell with the Spousal Unit, or our dog sitter when we are out of town.  He retired from government service and I can see why.  Revenge is sweet, and it has always been mine :-).

The dude has these yap dogs that are constantly doing their thing, day in, and day out.  When Henry and the Browns are out, they go over to the fence and give it right back, raising it to a whole nother level!  The neighbor can't  stand it and will make his critters come inside.  Other times I have been know to throw a tbone over the fence after a good gnaw, to give them a treat, and shut them up.  Every now and then, apparently, one of those dogs throws it back over the fence.  Then one day, after I had driven off, the dude knocks on the door, and raises hell with the spousal unit instead of me!

The dude put up a fence long ago, and nature took its course, sprouting sweet gum and other trees next to it.  I have planted several fruit trees near it as well.  Trees on that side of the yard tend to either die or have stunted growth from some kind or "special treatment" coming from the other side.

One day, the Reservoir Patrol knocked on my door. A "neighbor" had reported that I was illegally burning trash in my backyard.   I replied, "nope, no trash burning here!" The officer said he had to inspect, so off the the back yard we went.  No trash fire, just my grill smoking away with ribs, deer sausage, and chicken wings.  I asked him if he needed to take some in as evidence, and he said "no need for that, but that stuff sure looks good!"  I then asked him "and I guess that you can't  tell me that that particular neighbor reported this incident?"  With a chuckle, and a positive nod, he said no, he could not.

When he moved in, he up in a satellite dish in his yard between us, inside that fence of his, of course.  We planted a group of crepe myrtle all along our fence line.  Eventually he had to move his dish over since the crepe myrtle had grown tall enough to interfere with his reception.  I had some volunteer crepe myrtle come up, so I transplanted them further along the fence line.  Guess who has bee having to raise his satellite dish every few year!  Lol!

As we were leaving for our latest roadie trip, I noticed an AT&T service truck next door.  After a little discussion, I learn that he is installing Uverse,  including the cable network!  Damn!  Guess  he ran out of satellite cable!

So, now.  What's next?

No comments: