Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Notes From Clearwater Beach

If you are planning a trip to Orlando and realize it's nowhere close to the beach, you may want to consider a side trip down I-4 toward Tampa, and visit Clearwater Beach.

You probably want to steer clear of holiday weekends, as the beaches were maxed out with visitors this July 4th.  The room rates were pretty steep as well.

The Wyndham Grand Clearwater was running $500 per night and parking another  $25
The Hyatt garage was $5 per hour with a $35 daily max.

Beach side, the going rate for chair and umbrella rental was $40 per day. The cabana rental was $75 per day Now you know why I bring my own!

Most of the beach front is open to the public.  The beaches are manned with real life guards, just like the old tv show "Babe Watch", but no Pamela Anderson!

Bikinis are everywhere!  There must be a shop that sells one size fits all nearby.  I spotted several of those thong thangs as well!  I was surprised to see that the guys with tattoos far outnumbered the gals with tattoos.

This time of year the water is warm as bath water.  The shells are real small, but you can occasionally find a couch shell under water.

The sand is a fine powder, and is compacted.  It took some effort to get my cup stake into the sand.  Once I got everything up and placed where I wanted it, i took my seat then began enjoying a few conversations with Rita.

The sunsets are amazing.  The beaches face west, so you get to see the sun disappear under the water horizon.

We are already making plans for a return trip, possibly in 2018, along with a stop in Orlando to see all the new stuff that is in the works there!

Happy beaching everybody!


No comments: