Monday, February 3, 2014

Facebook Dating Game

With the spousal unit out of town for five days, and food running low, it was time for something different.  I got in the car and went in search of something quick and informal.  I nixed fast food drive thru's and didn't want just Amy ole sammach.  I decided on Firehouse sub's.

Its was well after the noon rush, so there was no line at the counter.  They have one of those fancy coke dispensers where you can pick just about any flavor imaginable.  A woman in front of me must have been fascinated by the machine.  She would dispense something, give it a taste, then pour it out, and try another.  After the fourth one, I let out a cough to let her know some other people were in line.  After three more samples she was done.

I found my seat and it wasn't too long before my brisket sammich found its way to my table.  I pulled out my smartass phone to check on the happenings of the day.  I don't like eating by myself and I don't do it too often.  Suddenly, I had the idea to invite someone to share lunch with by "tagging" them with me through a "check in" on Facebook!

I got to thinking, hummm.  Who should I invite.  Very quickly I ruled out family members, too easy.  Then I thought, why not a friend.  My guy buddies would think I had gone nuts.  The ladies might get a kick out of it, but who?  No sense picking one that was married with a husband.  No point tagging a single with a jealous type boyfriend.  I know just the one!

My friend Kay was the perfect choice!  She is single, no boyfriend that I know of, and she lives two hours away!  I tagged her and waited for the fun to begin!

Conversation began quickly.  After finishing up "our" lunch date, it was time to move on.  I had several errands to run, so I figured I'd continue the fun, and continue the tagging.  Kay wasn't interest in tattoos, so I didn't stop for a quick tag at the local ink parlor.  I did my walk through at the Pearl Walmart, looking for some photo ops, and got too tickled to take the picture.  I was cracking up so bad, I forgot to tag ole Kay.

After a few more stops, and lots of Facebook dating chatting, it was time to end the "lunch date".  As I was driving, I looked to the left, and there it was!  I made a quick uturn and pulled into the parking lot of Metro Monuments and Memorials.  I tagged ole Kay with a note: "Our fun time today has now come to an end".  What a way to end a date!

Several of our mutual Facebook friends started following our postings and clicked "like", and some even offered a comment or two!  Fun was had by all!

Next day, my friend Kay decided to pick up and continue our lunch date into a Super Bowl party for two.  This continued on for a couple of hours, when suddenly, some of her family members got concerned that Kay was messing around with a married man!  She became very uneasy about "family involvement".  I had a hard time picking myself up off the floor from laughing so hard!  Those concerned family members finally figured it out and calmed down!

Kay had played along with this big ole dog long enough and finally had gotten bit!

So, beware Facebook friends.  The next time the spousal unit leaves town, you just might be my next lunch partner!

No comments: