Saturday, February 1, 2014

Facebook, a Wonderful Thang

Facebook started out as a college kids dream tool for communication and interaction with friends near and far.  Before long, the Parents discovered it.  The kids have moved on to Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and other social media sites.  The Parents are slowly following along.

The developers are trying to figure out how to make money with these social media sites.  Every time you click one of those advertising links and buy something, they get paid.  Every time you buy more game tokens they get paid.

I hate when the developers release their latest version.  Few of the new enhancements have on/off switches.

Parents have caught on like wildfire.  Its a great way to keep up with family, friends, and old school mates.  Postings of recipes are popular with the "over 40" crowd.  Dog and cat lovers are abundant, posting pics of the latest lost and found critters.

Its funny, everyone sees something posted on Facebook, and immediately assumes its true, then they "like it" and "share".  Occasionally they click the wrong thing and their account gets hacked, and they get cloned, or some things even worse.

Employers have even gotten in on the act, checking up on you as employees, and especially new hires.

Some folks, like my friend Keith Keaton, have formed groups to follow and discuss the annual televised beauty pageants.  Other groups relate to specific College fan groups, home town remembrance groups, and reunions of all sorts.

There are lots of groups that have been forms for the purpose of having an online garage sale of sorts.  I finally figured out the "b" meant the post "bumps" the photo to the front of a listing, as a refresher for those browsing.

There are some great story tellers out there like my friends Ronnie Hamilton and Fryer Chuck.

Each fall, Facebook becomes full of College Football and all the revelry of campus life, tailgating, and the joys and sadness of either winning or losing. Postings of the pretty girls or toasts to their team are common place.  With a loss, there is always next week or next year.

Its been a great way to alert folks about family medical issues, births of children, and even death.  I love looking at postings of old friends found recently on Facebook.

My page has been developed strictly for my entertainment . I enjoy sharing pictures of funny things that encounter in life, great food, and good times.  Hopefully, none of you have taken offense to any of my postings.  None are intended to harm, only entertain!   I've enjoyed it so much that some of friends encouraged me to start this blog.  I had to begin referring to my wife as the "spousal unit" and the boys as "son 1 and son 2" so that their friends wouldn't comment on some of my postings that they are tagged in.  I have been known to post and tag people to Tattoo Parlors as we drive by!  And there is always a comment that needs a reply, and pictures that need captioning.

So be careful what you post on Facebook, you just might get a comment from me.



 


No comments: