Thursday, November 20, 2014

BWW in the Smokies

Vaca in the Smokies, can't wait to get there.  First I20, then I59, with a short ride on I24, and I75 to finally I40.  I felt like I was touring the country on top of Lookout mountain on this trip.  Traveled Mississippi, then Alabama, before we hit a slice of Georgia before entering Tennessee!  Those Georgia folks must feel like they're cut off from the rest of the State sitting up in this northwest corner  all boxed in.

Once you leave the interstate, you are welcomed by the sights of the Smokies!  Saw the biggest snow flakes I'd ever seen!  Of course, they were mounted on all of the light poles.  As we made our way, the path was glowing from all the other decorative lighting that had already been put out to welcome the tourists to the winter season in the Smokies!

All checked in to our condo for the remainder of the week, it was getting late, and our dining choices were a bit limited.   All voted for a wing stop a BWW just up the road.

As we entered, we discovered that the nightly round of trivia had just concluded.  At this late hour, we had our choice of seating.  We had the waitress's full attention since there was only one other group.

She began to take our drink order, and the fun began!  Son#1 wanted a beer, but took forever to decide.  Seems the bar was loaded with craft beer on tap.  He made his selection, but was curious about some of the others. After some young people small talk about music, bands, and tattoos, The waitress suggested that he try a sample.  OK!  She brought a small tasting glass, half full of beer and half full of head.  After a sip, she asked if he wanted to sample another?  This got me to thinking...

Kiddingly, I asked if a person could have a sample of every craft beer that she had on tap. She wrinkled her forehead a bit, looked around the restaurant a bit, then said "today is your lucky day!". Let the tasting begin!  I had one, the spousal unit and girly friend took a sip or two out of several, and son#1 was in beer heaven.  Most of these craft beers are a bit too much for me so I stuck with my unsweet tea.

We got to the menu, and it was total confusion.  There were way too many sauces to choose from.  With my stomach these days, I had to stick with just medium and honey BBQ.  The confusing thing, was the units were in " snack, small, medium, and large".  We told the waitress, obviously, it had been a while since we had been in BWW.  What happened to ordering in units of twelve?  She said it is now in increments of 5.  Snack 5, small 10, medium 15, large 20.  Must be some of that new fangled common core math!

We enjoyed our meal, the beer sampling was fantastic, and the waitress was all smiles from the big tip.  As we left, she gave us a shout out "I'm here tomorrow night too!". Just might take her up on it!

No comments: