Sunday, November 2, 2014

On this Morning After

Long day spent in Starkville with the round trip ending around 2:30.  After waking up, and reflecting on the day, I've ended up with a list of thangs that I am truly grateful for:

1.  Highway 25.  Straight shot to Starkville, with only two red lights to work through.  Was sure wanting a Diet Dew for the road home though,  the two stores close before midnight :-(

2.  Strong bladders.  Cousin Linda made the trip with me and she held out until we got to Starkville!

3.  Man cub and his hot chili recipe.  His concoction kept these old bones warm!

4. My Coleman gas fired slow cooker.  That thang kept that chili warm all day, and heated up the leftovers lickity split!

5.  Tent sidewalls.  On this cold day, that wind would cut through you like a knife.

6.  Neighbors.  The smells of ribs cooking and the DJ playing kept us entertained all day.  I'll never understand how they make babies while listening to all that crazy music!

7.  Heaters.  Those two little fellers kept me nice and toasty.  Yep, they'll be making a trip to the Egg Bowl for sure!

8.  New battery backup.  Had a full charge all day.  Beach trips in 2015, look out!

9.  North end zone addition.  Kept that wind from cutting me in two!

10.  padded chair back seats.  Good for the tush, and  keeps the neighbors in check.

11.  Made in the USA cowbells.  Them Chinese ripoffs are easy to spot, the clangers sound awful.  Poor kid next to me just put his down after a Chinese clang or two.  Not sure if he even took it home with him!

12. Thankful the punt fumble guy only had one shot at it last night.  Sorry kid, I just hope you are done for the season....

13.  Two jumbotrons.  Old habits are hard to break, eventually I'll remember to look at the new one!

14.  Man cub's disc golf buddies.  Thanks guys for sticking around for the tent take down.  Life saver for sure!

15.  Little grey wagon.  amazing what you can strap down on that sucker with a few bungie cords!

16.  Oscar and Otis.  Had quite a welcome home when I walked through the door!

17.  Daylight savings time.  Waking up and its still morning, awesome!

18.  My bed.  There is just something about climbing into your own warm bed in the wee hours of the night.

19.  The W.  It was ugly, bur we'll take it!

20.  Readers like you.  Gives me reason to continue the blog.

Til next time!

No comments: