Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Nurse Dogs

Yesterday afternoon I felt it coming on.  I felt a little warm.  Then the chills and the shakes hit.  Even though I had not eaten much all day, my stomach had this bloated feeling.

Spousal unit was out of town on a work related trip.  Son #1's girly friend, a nurse, was at work doing her all nighter.  So, who was gonna step up and nurse me back to health?

Never fear, when three dogs are near!

I decided to ease my discomfort with a soaker in the spa tub.  Otis immediately took charge, and took first watch, by climbing and the back of the tub.  He stuck by me the whole time.  The warm water was very soothing to my chilled bones.  It stopped the shakes in no time.

As I was making my way out of the tub, I lot my grip.  Splash!  Water everywhere.  Within seconds, Oscar and Henry appeared, WTH daddyo???  Used a different approach, and I was out of the tub, dried off, but the aches and chills were still there.  Temperature time, 100.9.  Took some Alieve, and decided to go to bed.  It was only 8:00,  gonna be a long night....

I crawled into my spot on our king sized bed.  I was immediately joined by my three nurse dogs, Oscar, Otis, and Henry.  Throughout the night I kept searching for that comfortable spot.  My best efforts were pretty much useless.  Those three dogs had me hemmed in.  Every time I attempted to move, they either held their ground or moved right along with me.  I was in no mood for additional body heat.  I knew that there had to be a cool spot on that bed somewhere!

There is a country song "sleeping single in a double bed".  Well these three nurse dogs had me trying to sleep, single in a king sized bed!

The night passed slowly.  Eventually the sun started to show itself, and Henry was ready for their early morning ritual.  All done, I rewarded my nursing staff with a rawhide the eat for each.

Usually these three are at each other, arguing, and fighting over a toy or two.  But last night, it was all about taking care of me.  Best nursing care I've ever had!

No comments: