Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Weird

Its weird how some things happen, some for a reason, others that make you go hum?

Yesterday, I starting getting the itch to build another ice chest cooler box.  No particular reason, the process is good therapy for me when my mind gets cluttered.  Then, last night a buddy sends me a FB message.  He needs one of my coolers.  Love how that happens!

Been living life for the last three years as a guy that got put to pasture at the age of 55.  Not my choice.  Had reached the point where, I needed a change.  I was not happy,  taking way too many pills, and hated going to work every day.  Spent two of the past three years looking for employment, with no luck.  Then I find an ad on Craigslist for an assembly technician.  Been doing it for a year now, love it!  Made 10% of what I used to make, but hey, its not about the money, its about doing something you enjoy!  I have become the "preferred technician" at several of the stores I service.  (Helps to have a supportive soulmate.)

I've had to tweak my spending habits a bit.  Trying to stretch my dollars until I reach the ripe old age on 59 and a half.  Lots of less:  less shopping, less eating out, less entertainment.  Monday, I open an envelope, and find a check made out to me, one that would be coming in a few years.  Turns out, a guideline was amended for an early disbursement.  My lucky day!  Still gonna be tweaking that lifestyle til it becomes routine.

I was in Madison last week, doing my contract work at the movie theater.  Decided to get a BBQ sammich.  Ran into my old banker from my working days.  Been work friends for 30 years.  Have not seen him in over three years.  He is not a facebooker, so we had some catching up to do.  His face lit up when he saw me. I think mine was brighter than his!  Lots of small talk, got a reminder of what I used to like about my old job.  He was glad to see that I was the "same old Bill"!

I haven't used an alarm clock since my career change.  I wake up when my body says to, usually around this time of the morning (6 am).  Always early.  Hard to be late when you enjoy what you do!

Hoping to experience a few more " weirds" along this path I'm taking.  Liking them so far.......

No comments: