Sunday, June 29, 2014

Loving Me Some Trustmark Park

With the spousal unit out of town, it was time for some guy stuff.  I had gotten some Bass Pro Shop reward points that were burning a hole in my pocket.  Off to Pearl I go!

I had seen a Tervis cup with "flip flop repair shop" on it back in the spring.  Bass Pro rarely marks the good stuff down, so I figured I'd see it again somewhere else.  Nope.  And guess what, nowhere to be found in Bass Pro.  Settled on an igloo marine cooler that was totable.  Get for work and the beach!

On the way out of the parking lot, I noticed the baseball game was in progress over at Trustmark Park.  I pulled of my smartass phone, looked up the schedule, and discovered it had just started.  Winner, winner chicken dinner.


I get to the ticket counter, and ask for a seat "up under" since the sky was threatening to rain, again.  One of the ticket counter ladies spoke up and said "come on down to my window and I'll save you some money!". She got my attention!

Bought six will call tickets for $69 ($11.50 each).  You get the best seat available in the house.  Winner!  My first seat was four rows up behind home plate!

I get to my seat, which is on the end of the row.  Problem.  A woman in the next seat had overlap disease.  It reminded me of a few bad seat experiences on some airplanes!  Ain't happening here!  Next row was pretty much empty, solution found!

I settled in with my big cup beer and two sausage dogs.  Ah, heaven!  Lots of food choices here, but I gotta have my sausage dog.


Three gals one row behind me were really into the game.  One gal asked " what just happened?".  One of the others said "I think the runner just stole second base".  I chuckled, then pointed out that it was a double steal, see the guy on third base?  It was like that the whole time!

I looked down the row, and there they were.  Some had scorebooks, some had laptops, but one one had a radar gun.  The scouts were in full attendance.  Guessing the others were using the pitch speed indicator off the scoreboard.


There were not a lot of folks in attendance for this late Sunday afternoon game.  Some must be at church, others were watching the USA tie Germany in the World Cup.  Those in attendance were kept entertained, with all the " in between innings" games.  There was also the pizza giveaway and the T-shirt shooter.

I finally finished my beer, then got to looking at the cup.  ! I llers 471 has an ad for $3 refills, limit 2, with this 32 oz cup.  What a deal!


Game now in the seventh inning, Braves behind 0-7.  Time to go.  Get to the car, and realize I had left my cup!  Almost cried.  Never fear,  I will be back!  Five more tickets to use!  And surprise, I found a cup in the kitchen cabinet from when son #1 went a few weeks back!

Take time out of your schedule and attend a minor league game.  You'll be glad you did!







No comments: