Saturday, June 28, 2014

Ya Ya Sistahood

Each year around this time I give up my spousal unit so that she can do the "girl thang" with a group of girls that she graduated high school with back in 1979.  They get together several times a year, but this time of year they make their way to Orange Beach for a week of fun in the sun!

For the past twelve months I tried to work my magic on these women so that I might get the opportunity to be the resident Cabana Boy.  I've got all the beach toys:  umbrellas, chairs, umbrella stakes, floats, cup stakes, and the beach cart to tote it all.  I've got two margarita machines at the ready. This year I even found tank tops with monograms for them to wear as cover ups.   I even cooked them cookies and cheese straws for their journey.  But, once again, no luck.  No husbands, children, relatives, or critters allowed at the Ya Ya Sistahood beach retreat!

The tank top cover ups
 

No one really knows what goes on during these beach retreats, as they have their own sistahood code.  What happens at the beach, stays at the beach.  No sun tanning pictures allowed on Facebook.   I have some idea, since I see the wine and bloody Mary mixes being loaded into the car.  I have an idea about restaurants they will encounter from scouting trips we make on our trips to sun and sand.  One give away are the shopping bags that get unloaded upon their return home. 
They Are looking for Skipper and Gilligan




Everyone needs their time away from the day to day rat race.  It gives you the time to chill, let your hair down, and no makeup required.  I am so glad that my spousal unit has rebonded with these ladies.  Vacation time well deserved!

And there was some physical activity!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


 

No comments: