Monday, September 23, 2013

Bucket List

Everyone has a few things that they always wanted to do but never have the time.  I call these my bucket list, like from the movie with Morgan Freeman:

1.  Visit the San Diego Zoo.  Been a zoo fan since my boys were little.  This one has been on my list for a long time.

2.  See the sun rise and sunset from Key West.  I've gotten older and I may have to have a nap in between

3.  Chicken on a stick at the Chevron Station on Lamar Avenue in Oxford, after a night game at OM.  For some reason, we never take the time to get this one done.  Happening soon!

4.  Grand Canyon

5.  Snow Angel.  never been enough around here, and what we do get has been "yellowed"!

6.  Take my grandkids to Orlando.  No hurry on this one Boys, we have plenty of time.

7. Hawaii.  Been there twice on Company trips.  Got timeshare credits to go.  Its just a long, long plane ride.

8 .U.S. Virgin Islands.  kinda like Hawaii, just got to get there!

9.  Smokey Mountains or Colorado during the winter time.  The busiest times of my working live have been during snow season.  Again, timeshare credits!

10. Heaven.  Can't wait to see my two grandmothers again.  No hurry on this one by any means.  Those two women meant the world to me.

11.  Cruise.  Been on one, ready for another.

12.  LSU tiger Stadium, wearing neutral colors.




Here are things that will never make my list:

1.  New York City.  Sorry, ain't happening

2. Climbing on my roof again.  Been there once, took too long to figure out how to get my big butt back on the ground.

3. Chase another woman.  Worked too hard to get and keep the one I got!

4.  Work for another asshole.  Life is much too short to work at a job that makes you unhappy,  depressed, and ill.

5.  Listen to someone who says "trust me".  Trust me on this one!

6.  Loan something out.  Burnt too many times on this one.  Need something of mine, I come with it. Got some folks that are referred to as the "borrowers"!

7. Trip to another country.  I like this one too much to leave.

8.  Massage, Manicure and pedicure.  Sorry, ain't nobody gonna be touching me.  Took too long to train the spousal unit!

9.  Class reunions.  Never been.  Got dragged to one by the spousal unit one time.  Pure punishment!

10. Roller coasters.  My mind says yes, but the body says puke, turn green, and feel awful for three hours.

Bucket lists are great for "been there, done that".  The essential thing is to get out there and do something.Took one of Morgan's friends, Nick, to Orlando.  The boy would not get on a roller coaster.  Last day, he tried one.  Couldn't get him off of them the rest of the day.  And to think he almost didn't try.

Get out there and enjoy what life has to offer.  God is good, all the time!






No comments: