Monday, September 23, 2013

Don't Drink The Koolaid-Part II

And then there is the rest of the story.....

I was invited over to a "friend's" house to hear about a business opportunity.  Supposed to be low key, talk about it, sit back, enjoy a dinner and some wine.

First thing was "lets get the presentation out of the way".  Okee Dokee.  Got to hear this amazing story about financial freedom, and what great things I can have, just by "drinking the Koolaid, signing a contract, and writing a check for $2200.  I can then invite friends over, for a dinner , some wine, and tell them about this great business opportunity that will only cost me $2200.  Best part about it was that I would be getting all these commission dollars from getting others to "drink the Koolaid"!  Hummmm.  Sure sounded like a pyramid scheme to me.

The part that got me was when "Joe" said , "and the best part about this program is you don't have to sell anything"!  I looked at Steve and replied, "but Joe, you are selling something, you are selling yourself".  The business opportunity presentation is a "sales job"!

At the end of the night, we parted ways.  When I got home, I did my research on this business opportunity called "Team National".  They have a Dunn & Bradstreet number and an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.  The only complaints I could find was from people attempting to get a refund after the three day "free look".  I found a friend that had joined, but not done anything with it, and confirmed all the facts.  I then proceeded to write my blog posting, with no mention of my "friends" or the time we spent together.

A couple of nights later, around midnight, my phone begins to ring, but I do not answer any call that late.  Caller left two UGLY voice mails, then sent two followup text messages about what a scumbag I was.  Then my wife got the same calls and voice mail messages and text messages on her phone.  I still have the voice mails and text messages saved.

I have filed complaints with both the Better Business Bureau and Team National.  Interesting thing happens.  I get a reply from the department head of the complaint department at Team National.  They have a whole department to handle complaints??????

I have been "de-friended on Facebook and was told I would never be welcomed into their house again, not even for reunions for co-workers from an dead company that we had all  worked it.  I think back, and just realized that the only way they would have gotten our cell numbers was from the contact list everybody signed at the last reunion party.  Looks like they have a great source for contacts from hosting the reunion!

I will not be sharing this blog post to the public.  If you are reading it, you found it on your own.  If you are curious as to who these people are, I will be more than happy to share that information with you.  I might even let you see the texts and listen to the voice mails.

As mentions in the initial blog post:  Don't sign anything or pay out any money on the first date.  You will eventually find that the Koolaid is far too sweet, far sweeter than you ever imagined!

I

No comments: