Friday, November 8, 2013

Burrr!

God has blessed us with the four seasons, spring, summer, fall and winter.  I love to watch everything turn green in the spring.  It is amazing to watch seeds that have germinated suddenly jump out of cracks in the ground and grow into full mature plants. Flip flop wearing is in full swing and all of my shorts and Hawaiian shirts now get to feel the sunshine. As spring turns into summer, excitement grows for trips to the beach.  As summer starts to cool off a bit, you begin to faintly see different shades of color begin to appear in the trees.  Then all of a sudden, the cold snaps hit you like a ton of bricks!  Why I hate winter:

1.  Too damn cold!

2.  Toes get cold in desperate attempts to continue wearing flip flops

3.  When I get up in the morning, nothing I hate worse then sliding into my leather recliner and get that cold sensation running up my spine as I attempt to sit down.  Worse than entering an ice cold swimming pool

4.   The toilet seat is too cold!

5.  The dew that settles in on my windshield turns to ice.

6.   Grocery stores are emptied at the first threat of an ice storm that is gone in 2 days

7.  At the first sign of winter it is clear that college football is winding down

8.  All the pretty girls finally put on clothes

9.  All my buddies have headed for the woods, me, too damn cold!

10.  Spousal unit yells "get those cold feet away from me"!

No comments: