Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Gonna Need a Bigger Trap

The last week or so we have been hearing "those noises".  You don't typically hear them during the day or early at night.  After you have gone to bed, and have fallen into a nice deep sleep.  Then all of a sudden you hear a noise coming from the kitchen, but its too dark to see.  What if its something bigger than you want to handle in the wee hours of the night???

For a little while, I thought it might be Oscar, doing his nightly roam about the house, getting a snack, sip of water, and of course, leaving a prize.  While cleaning out the laundry room, the spousal unit came across one of those noise makers.  Fortunate for her, (and me!) this one was DOA.  After getting a closer look, it was either a mouse on steroids or a field rat.  Posted a picture of FB, and the consensus was all R A T! 

Early this morning I heard those noises again!  Got up, went into the kitchen without turning on the light.  I sat down in my recliner (with feet up!) and waited in the dark for the next sound.  It wasn't long before I heard it again!  Room was still dark, and my intuition was telling me to wait for sunrise, after all, vampires always disappear before the sun  comes up, maybe it works on mice and rats!

The sun finally came up.  Whew!  I sat there a while longer, then out of the corner of my eye, scooting across the floor was one of those little noise makers!  After seeing that it wasn't a full fledged rat sized critter, I was determined to get the traps, that I had bought yesterday, set and laid out in hopes of hitting them wham, bam, thank you ma'am! 

Three of four mouse traps

I put one under the sink, one in the cabinet, one near the dog food storage bin, and one in the laundry room.  It wasn't long before one of the traps snapped.  No mouse, so I figured that Oscar must have gotten curious and set it off.  I knew it wouldn't hurt him too bad after having one go off on my finger.

About an hour later, I hear the one go off under the sink.  The trap when Bam, with no flipping and no flopping.  I opened the door to find the trap laying to one side, and a large mouse laying about six inches away from the trap.  I saw a little movement in his feet, and quickly went for the hand grabbers and grabbed him up!  The trap apparently knocked him out cold.  Got him outside, and I knock him out permanently!

I have seen videos on Facebook showing super mice, doing strength training with rat traps and thought the videos were really funny.  Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream that one day they would invade my house!

Time for a bigger mouse trap!.......

                                                                 one of three rat traps

No comments: