Saturday, August 30, 2014

Back in the Day

Reminiscing about days gone bye.  Don't necessarily want to go back in time, but:

1.  Listening to the attic fan pulling bugs through the screened window

2.  Hand cranking homemade ice cream.

3.  Cotton trailer stomping parties during picking season

4.  Being hot a thirsty from mowing yards and killing a quart coke in those returnable bottles.

5.  RC Cola and a moon pie!

6.  First time to ever microwave a whole egg.  Kaboom!

7.  Riding in the back of a pickup!

8.  First time finding WZZQ on the FM band on the radio.

9.  First adult purchase.  A Pioneer receiver and a pair of Jenson speakers.  Damn!  You mean I gotta add a turn table and cassette deck too!

10.  That first Olds Cutlass that looked like the 442!

11.  My bright yellow firebird.  Got more tickets in the shortest time span in that car!

12.  My second pair of glasses.  Wire rimmed frames paid for with my own hard earned money!

13.  First time I ever saw a piece of filet mignon.  What the hell is that small round ball of meat????

14.  First Ole Miss football game.  Brother Jim, Billy Davis and I went with Billy's uncle, Gordon Wayne Davis, parking the car in the Grove, and seeing Southern Miss beat Archie Manning and his Rebels.

15.  Coming to Jackson to Memorial Stadium for a double header.  Ole Miss vs LSU during the day then MSU vs Alabama.

16.  First time seeing puppies born.  You gotta be kidding me!!!!

17.  Mississippi Delta dove hunts!

18.  First time to buy a fifth of whiskey.  17 years old, football weekend in Starkville.  I can still see the snicker on that old man's face as he handed me my change!

19. Discovering the Manhattan's album "After Midnight" with the girl of my dreams.  Been dreaming with the same gal ever since.

20.  First trip to New Orleans.  Haven't been the same since!

I sure hope my memory never fades.  I've had way too much fun in my lifetime to begin forgetting it now.  Been fin, and I ain't done yet!

No comments: