Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Beaching, It's All About the Prep!

Yep, beaching season for me was over a little over a month ago.  But that's not the end, it's only the beginning for the planning of the next one!  For me, anyway!

We do our thing using our timeshare.  It's not for everyone.  It begins with planning a year in advance.  Picking the place is easy, and we pretty much know where we will be staying.  Looking at the calendar a year in advance is the hard part with a work schedule that already includes a lot of travel.  So far, all the reservations are on the books, with one to go in early September.  Just waiting for the window of opportunity in the world of reservations to open up!

With all the salt in the surf and sand, the beach toys take a beating.  Already got new chairs in the garage.  Not just any chairs by the way.  These are built to handle my big azz!  These usually last about three years with all the beach trips we make.



The umbrella of choice is the Sports-brella.  It's light, folds up compactly with a collapsible pole and UV protection built in.  I usually get two years usage out of these, so I'm always looking for a bargain!


Our favorite drink of choice is of course the frozen margarita.  My niece and nephew scored a Rita machine 50% off and sent me this pic.  I've still got a spare, just in case of a disaster!


 One cannot do as much beaching as we do without replacing some basic required beaching personal items like flippers, swimmy suits, and.of course hats!  Me and my buddy Clarence have a watchful eye out beginning the first of August.

I've already scored some replacement Reef  flippers for $9.  Some beaching caps for $8, and suits on Clarence for $10.




One item I picked up this summer is a small travel sized router box for the internet.  Some buildings have walls so thick that they only provide a wired ether net plug.  This little box works great for WiFi phone access, put not recommended for more than one laptop connection at a time.



Always a shopper, I'm  currently on the.prowl for a new beach cart, on sale, of course!                               

No comments: