Saturday, October 10, 2015

Grandbaby Nephew Sitting

The spousal unit's  niece needed a pinch hitter baby sitter this weekend.  Her schedule was jam packed with homecoming activities at Ole Miss and the baby daddy was out of town and the Granny had to work.

It's was Great Aunt LaNelle to the rescue!  Got here mid afternoon and baby ACE was bright eyed and bushy tailed ready for some hugging and kissing and rocking till he fell asleep.  The spousal unit was in heaven.

Then all hell breaks loose!  The critter wakes up!  Fussing!  Oh crap, haven't done this in over 20 years!  She got him changed, got him fed, a bit more hugging, and rocking, then set him down for him to play.

Baby momma arrived to pitch some relief.  After a bath, he was momma fed then put down for the night.  Then at 2 a.m., here we go again!  Changed, fed, then down fast asleep.  OK time for a nap.

About 5:30 this morning baby ACE'S alarm clock went off.  I'm  a fairly light sleeper so I heard him.  Spousal unit wasn't budging!  A few more whimpers and still no movement.  A little nudge by yours truly, and off she went!

Aunt LaNelle has duty til mid afternoon, all by her lonesome.  I'll be her substitute tailgating and gaming for her at TSUN.  I'm  figuring both will be down for a nap during the day.

The Ole gal ain't what she used to be!  This is a good test run for when her turn comes to be Queen Granny.  I got a feeling I know who will be sleeping the whole ride home tonight!

The best part, I hear, about grand parenthood, is at the end of the day, you can send the critters home!  Our turn is coming.  After the last 18 hours, I think I'm in no hurry to speed up the timeline, but a few more practice runs, here and there, would be ok!

No comments: