Saturday, October 3, 2015

This Old Disney Pro is Slipping

Damn!  The aging process is catching up with me! Twenty four hours haven't passed and I've already had several slip ups!  Thank goodness the spousal unit and I have gone into "grand parent mode" early!

We had just left Steak & Shake, headed back to the condo to pic up the sleepy head first born.  On the way I just happened to ask his girly friend if she had her ticket to Disney Not So Scarey Halloween on her, just in case we couldn't wake up sleepy head by phone.  She said "what ticket"?  Whoops!  Communication is the key!  "I thought you were buying that ticket?"  Major rut row!  This is a limited supply ticket event! Quick check with smartazz phone, and I was able to buy two more!  Will call ticket window here we come! Whew!  This Pops just saved face!

Being an old pro, I'm  supposed to know my way around.  We have always stayed "off property", ride to parks is easy, just follow the signs.  This trip we are on property at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, our timeshare.  Big six tower complex.  Nice!  We pull out of the complex and hit the "on property" roads.  Problem!  Very few signs marking the way.  We end up at the contemporary  resort, having missed the turn to the road to the gate where you pay your $17 to park.  No problem, only 15 minute delay.

We get to the ticket window to pick up the two extra tickets at the "will call" window.  The ticket window lady hands me two plastic passes.  My other two tickets are paper tickets I printed off the internet.  She said I had to convert those to the plastic cards for the magnetic readers to pick up the information.  Technology has just passed this old-timer big time!  No more paper?!!!

We are in the park having a great time.  Hitting all the rides that will be shut down after 7 p.m. during the Halloween event.  We have just eaten.  Now headed for Space Mountain.   This coaster, no problem, since no flips.  I start out "wooo!"  Screaming with every turn!  Then it hits me!  I'm not that young guy anymore!  Voice is now silent!  I've just gone into survival mode!  I can make it to the end!  Whew!  Ride over!  Spousal unit is laughing away at me and the look on my face!

So, it's now official!  Its time to pass the title of "tour director" on to the next generation.   It breaks my heart to have reached this stage of life.  It's like I have been the lead lion all this time and now I have been defeated.  Father time has been good to me up till now.

But, there is still hope for this old battle veteran.  I'm  the only one of this pride that is up and moving!  There is still hope for me afterall!

On to the next adventure!

No comments: