Sunday, May 17, 2015

Blogging Trivia

At the urging of my two boys, I started this blog three years ago.  They said, Dad, put your stuff in a blog, its too much for Facebook.  I finally said ok, thinking I would write a few, they would read it a few, and that would be the end of it.

Well, thanks to readers like you, I have made over 240 posts with over 27,000 reads.  Funny thing, my boys stopped reading it long ago, and the spousal unit doesn't see the point.  There is no point to it really.  Having been forced into retirement in 2012, I have had a lot of time on my hands.  Through my travels with the spousal unit, I've been able to see and observe some interesting people and sights and feel the urge to share them in this written format.  I'm not much of a story teller, and this venue gives me ability to get it all down, as seen "through my eyes". 

 There are some interesting facts and statistics that come with site.  Most readers are from the U.S., but a surprising number of readers are from over a dozen foreign countries.  I post a link to Facebook and also to Google+.  Most of my posts are read by fewer than 100 people with only eight with over 150.  I'm guessing that I have about 60 regular readers, and to those I am thankful.

The makeup of the reader's device of choice is interesting. I-phones & I-pads are 42%,   Window laptops are 37%, Androids are 9% , Mac's are 6% and the remaining 6 % are Blackberry and other devices.  This show you the power of the Apple.  Personally, I for some reason have always gone against the flow and been an Android guy!

The comments on the blog posts (62) have come from a hand full of people and a few anonymous.  They are for the most part positive.  I've had to remind one or two that these are "through my eyes", so naturally they are written though colored glasses!  I put the warning on the front as a reminder to those that are too sensitive or easily offended to remind them that they are entering strange waters!  My Mom's first comments to me were "OMG! Facebook has slapped a warning on you!" 

I have to admit, for the most part, these things are as I see them.  Some get a little twisted as they pass through this crazy head of mine.  I don't post as many pictures as I used to.  The pictures were intended to be funny, at least to me, till one woman would not go away, she wasn't even a FB friend, so I finally just blocked her.  That felt good, the power of the FB BLOCK!!!


Some people say you can make money at blogging.  Not me, its just a release for things in my head.  Got curious and looked.  Your average readership needs to be over 100 per day.  Those that read must click on the links in the blog, then some of those peeps have to buy something.  No thank you very much!

Here's the deal.  I'll keep writing them, if you'll keep reading them.  Heading back to the beach on Wednesday, so you know there will be something new posted on here!


No comments: