Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mom

Everybody has one.  They are all special.  Who else would hold something in for nine months, gain a bunch of weight, gain a stretch mark or two, then do all the diaper changing, nose wiping, carpooling, and be your best friend.  Yep, that would be my mom!

She has had quite a few nicknames come her way.  Most of those names stuck around for a few years, but, the latest one has stuck with her the longest.  This woman is so grand, no other name would do except for Granny!

She has always been there.  Visits to Boy Scout parents night  in the middle of the week at Camp Tallaha, a visit to see me at MSU when I most needed it most.  So thankful for all those single parent vacation trips, even if some were only for a day.  She even found me a date for senior prom when I had all but written it off.

She asked me to take her to see all of Brother Jim's high school football games.  We saw each and every game, all the way through the championship win!

Church needed unleavened bread for communion, Granny was your "go to gal"!

Need some family or town gossip, yep, head straight to Granny!

Thank you Granny, the woman who is the capital   M  O M  !

No comments: