Friday, May 15, 2015

Just One More Day

Well, we are waking up to our last day for beaching, for this trip anyway.  Each trip to surf and sand land leaves us with so many fun memories.  The sightings, the people interactions and most definitely  the food!

Staying in a timeshare, you meet people from all over the U.S. and other countries as well. One night at the grilling station, I was there grilling up three racks of ribs and corn on the cob.  These folks had never seen corn grilled with shucks, silks and all.  Some went to their unit and brought down corn to try this out!  Guessing it was gonna get boiled, but not anymore!

On  another night, a different group, all from those northern countries had mistaken me for somebody from Louisiana,  nope, just a Mississippi red neck!  They wanted to know what I knew about New Oleans, told them there wasn't enough hours in the day!  Asked if it would be in their best interest to make an overnight trip?  Absolutely!   Hooked them up with lots of foodie places to try.  They asked about crawfish, and me being me, I replied "do you suck head?"  The guy looked at me and said "man I don't suck the head off of anything!"  This of course led to "how you eat mudbugs"!

We spend some time with our local friends Jenn, Josh, and daughter HDR.  Each trip Jenn takes us to new places for foodie treats and to her favorite beaching spots.  HDR is completing the first grade this year.  She is so ahead of her time!  It's amazing to watch her entertain herself at the beach.  She brings this huge bucket full of her beach stuff for her imagination to run wild with.  She approached son Matthew with two options: option one, help me build a sand castle.  Option two was hit the water and jump the waves.

Matthew went for option one. After a while he barked "wait a minute, all we are doing is digging a hole!  This isn't  a castle!"  HDR responded "well, since you don't like the way I build my sandcastles we now have to go to option two!"  I have never laughed so hard!  I think that was Matthew's best beach day ever!

Each  trip to the sand is a new adventure.  You never know what kind of people you are gonna meet.  First day there was the guy that didn't  like me putting my umbrellas up in front of his chair rentals.  By the end of the day, we were sharing stories over some of my margaritas!

Another day we met a young couple that just graduated from TSUN, others call it Ole Miss, the school of choice of the spousal unit. Taught  them some of our lessons and tricks of beaching and told them about the restaurant scene.  Turns out they were good friends with Matthew's twin from another mother, Brittany.  The two girls husbands had gone to Delta State and played football together and were also at marine boot camp together. This is a very small world that we live in!

Today is our last day for fun in the sun, with rain in the forecast.   I've made up the last batch of Ziparitas for the day.  Supposed to meet up with a couple we met yesterday and share a Rita or two!

Time to get up and going.  Can't wait for today's adventure to begin.  Yesterday's sightings included seeing a dolphin jump completely out of the water, and eighty year old guy face plant into surf sand three times before giving up and returning to his chair.  Then there was the woman in a black bikini carrying a baby in her arms and her tummy all swollen up with another one inside!  I kept waiting for the brunette in the red bikini to walk back by.  If she was a life guard, I was gonna be all in that water flopping around looking to be saved!

Well, time to pack .  Beach time!

No comments: