Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Bucket List

Heading to San Diego this weekend on a work trip with the Spousal Unit.  Ever since the boys were little, I've wanted to go to the San Diego Zoo.  I mentioned that this was one of my bucket list items on FB and somebody asked me what else was on my list.

Well, here are ten things on my list, but they are in no particular order.

BUCKET LIST

1.  Trip to the San Diego Zoo. Been wanting to do this forever, but the only time I've been that far was a trip to Bakersfield, California to see some friends.  Got Disneyland taken care of during that trip!

2.  Key West, to see the sun rise and sunset in the same day.  This would be watching the sun do a 180 with an unobstructed view.  Figure with an umbrella, chair and my margarita machine, I can "get her done"!

3.  Mardi Gras.  I'm approaching 58 years of age, and I have never been to New Orleans during Mardi Gras season.  Some things ya gotta do once in your life.

4.  Harry Potter ride.  I was too damn big to be able to ride the Harry Potter ride during our last trip to Universal Studios in Orlando.  Kids have been with us down there so many times, they don't enjoy going anymore.  Maybe, just maybe, I will have lost enough inches for the safety harness to come down over my shoulders.  If not, there is always another frozen butter beer!

5.  Take my Grandchildren to Central Florida to the amusement parks.  Boys don't like going much anymore, but hey, there is always hope for the next generation!  Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, Bush Gardens, and even Lego Land are on the list!

6.  Washington DC.  Lots to see there, just never found the time to go.  That's about as far north as I care to go.  The further north you go, the faster things move and happen up there.  That's about as far north as my southern roots can stretch!

7.  Grand Canyon.  Not sure why its on the list.  Long way to ride to look at a big ole hole in the ground.  There is a glass walkway out into the canyon in Arizona (I think), but that ain't my cup of tea.  Something to do with a "respect" for heights!

8.  Ski Trip.  Don't want to ski, mind you, but drinking hot chocolate in front of a fire, tubing down a ski slope, and hot tub dancing with a bunch of naked women can more than make up for busting my ass on a ski slope!

9.  Weddings.  Got two more weddings I want to attend.  Weddings of Son#1 and Son#2 will do me just fine, thank you very much!

10.  Grandchildren.  Guess I gotta have the grands before number 5 can happen.  Just think, its kinda nice to be able to go pick them up, wear them out doing all kinds of wonderful things with/to them, then take them back to their parents at the end of the day, all spoiled and rotten.

This is a pretty simple list.  I think its manageable.  Nothing crazy like bungie jumping, sky diving, or doing a triathlon.  Wev'e got enough timeshare weeks to get most of it done in a reasonable time, if I can keep the spousal unit off the beach!

No comments: