Sunday, July 20, 2014

Take Me out to the Ball Game

Having a free high, tvendors?sal Unit and I decided to take in a baseball game at Petco Park.  Tonight it was the Padre's vs the Mets.

I had ordered the tickets wth a will call pickup.  This afternoon I walked from the hotel to the park and back.  Naturally, once I got to the park wouldn't you know the ticket office was on the other side!

On the trip I walked through the Gas Lamp District.  This is a historical section of town full of bars and restaurants.  If I was twenty plus years younger, I'd give it a run!

Petco Park is nestled within the downtown area.  So!e of the older buildings have been incorporated into the design of the park.  It is very compact, with very little wasted space.

The Padre's year has not been very good this year, but you couldn't tell it tonight, winnoimg 6-0.  The walk along the concourse was full of activity.  The Wall Street Journal was giving away t-shirts and blankets with you signing up for delivery.  There were booths selling Padre souvenirs, but they were also selling used Padre baseball equipment, including balls, bats, jerseys and bases.

And the food vendors, OMG!  I had heard that different ballparks have specialty foods.  This place had it all?  They had beer vendors, the had wine vendors, and even tequila vendors!  The food was unbelievable!  I had a southwestern cheese steak that was out of this world.  It was a hard choice, bit man it was good!

I met a retired school teacher that has season tickets.  I was amazed at her knowledge of baseball, and especially Padre's baseball.  She also gives tours on the USS Midway, and I'm going to look her up on Monday.

We enjoyed our experience so much that we are going to seek out other ball parks on future trips!  Given the chance, treat yourself to America's past time, and go to the ball park!

No comments: