Friday, July 18, 2014

Delta Delta Delta

Spousal unit road trip began mighty early, as on the nights before.  Since everything is electronic now, I went online to check on with Delta Delta Delta.

They get ya coming and they get ya going.  My ticket was a frequent flyer that cost $10 to process.  Then you pay $25 for one checked bag.  Only the beginning.

I finally got all the papers printed, then the spousal unit asks "why didn't you do the electronic boarding pass"?  "I do it all the time, and you're killing trees"!  Well darling, its been over two years since I've been on an airplane!

Son's girly friend dropped us off at the airport, all uneventful.  That is until we got to the security gate.  I get a big chuckle when we reach the gate.  I immediately had a flashback to the spring when I went through the screening process to work for TSA.  I quickly came to the conclusion that these people had no documented medical history, because they wanted medical history from every doctor I have seen over the last twenty years.  And these folks were bigger than me!

Spousal unit goes thru the line, hands them her cell phone and they set it on some kind of devise that reads the fancy bar code, on to the next station.  I get up to the head of the line and the guy just looks at my paper boarding pass.  Then he asks " why nights you have the electronic pass?  All business travelers use them.  I was so tempted to tell him my name was Rip Van Winkle who woke up one day at the age of 55 to discover that I had been retired, but, cooler thoughts prevailed.

All of a sudden the sensors went off.  The spousal unit and her two bionic hips done sent the system a blaring.  Those high priced TSA agents went to work!  A million questions and full body pat down.  I'd a just dropped my pants and showed them the two scars!

Flight to Atlanta was a rough one due to weather so no free coke.  Just water and a cookie.  Luck would have it that our departure gate was in the same terminal.  Haven't been thru Atlanta's airport in a long time.  Spent years on American, Southwest, or thru other Delta terminals.  I didn't realize there was an express lane in the terminal.  Two little bitty  fellers just about ran me over!  That would not have been a pretty sight!

I was hoping for a Cinabon  or something like that once we got to Atlanta.  No such luck.  Found a fancy breakfast item.  After I ordered it, I asked the prep girl " now do you call it crap or crape?". She giggled and said "we just call it food"!

Waiting for the next leg was far from boring.  Saw a man with a weird looking toe, so I just had to take a pic.  Spousal Unit went to the rest room, then some feller took her seat.  Another woman got up to get something out of her bag, and some woman took her seat!  And I've never seen so many toe rings on my life!

Next flight was on a brand new airplane.  Somebody forgot to hook up the a/c because it was just blowing hot air.  Stewardess began passing out head phones for a small fee.  WiFi was $7.50 an hour or three hours for $15.  If you wanted a sammich that was $7.99.  I was afraid to go to the head in fear that it was a pay toilet!  Four hours later we had reached our destination, San Diego!

Noticed a lot of bags were  hard skin suit cases.  After seeing them come flying off the conveyor belt, you wonder why people spend that kinda money on them!

Thank you Delta Delta Delta for the safe flight and attempting to empty my wallet!  Now time to plan some adventures!

1 comment: