Monday, July 14, 2014

Pretty Women

I thank God for putting Pretty Women on this planet of ours for me to enjoy.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't spot one, whether its the car in the other lane, the grocery store, some restaurant, or just on the street.

I tend to look for something besides the knockout body or the pretty face.  I must say, the blondes to tend to be the first to turn my head.  A killer smile is usually what knocks me over.  The eyes. Tend to melt my soul.  And the voice is somewhat hypnotic.
There is a lady that works at one of the Home Depots that I work at.  She has some age one her, and you could say that her better years are behind her.  She still wears her hair long, flowing over her shoulders and down her back.  She is quite the sight to see, because her makeup is a bit overdone times ten.  But,  I love to listen to her talk.  She sounds like the first time you hear a songbird in spring.  I always make it a point to say hello to her each visit, just so I can hear her again.

The other day I looked up and three of the sales associates were trying to help this young lady with some brick for a path and retaining wall.  Its unusual to see three of these guys within ten feet of each other, so I knew something was up.  A closer look revealed a young blonde, great figure, complete with tanning booth tan.  I just had to get a closer look.  I went to get a push cart for my trash and to get a little bit closer.  Wow!  No wonder she had three helpers, surprised it wasn't more!

You have heard of the movie "the Bridges of Madison County".  Well, there is also the " Women of Madison County".  When I work over there, I tend to get there early, before the say heats up.  I'm usually set up near the pool chemicals because of the shade.  I'll be working away, and will occasionally be interrupted by one of the many female residents that come in for pool chemicals and such.  These gals are dressed presentable enough, often enhancing their figure, if you know what I mean.  Suddenly, they will turn around, and OMG!  Not a stitch of makeup on!  At Home Depot!  These women would not be caught anywhere else with a naked face!  But, they are working in their yard or pool, end up needing something, and here they come!

The worst ones are the ones I met years ago that knew that they stolen my soul the first time I laid my eyes on them.  These are the ones that can read through my poker face instantly!  For some reason I have never been able to tell any of them "no" to any favor request they make.

Recently, I was power washing one of the entrances to the subdivision.  Lots of cars came and went.  Few took the time to acknowledge I was there.  But then, this car pulls up, window goes down, and a woman with those killer eyes and a smile to boot, said "thank you for what you are doing".  The eyes and smile more than made up for all those others that were too busy!

So, Thank you God, for sending these ladies my way.  It tends to bring sunshine on what are usually boring cloudy days!



No comments: